An experienced sales assistant who enjoys client interaction, working on a shop floor and selling to the public. Articulate with excellent negotiating skills and an ability to provide a highly personalized service to customers. Able to make sure that goods are attractively displayed and confident enough to assist unsure customers with product selection.
Looking to continue a career as a sales assistant with a suitable position in a retail environment.
Retail Department Store – Coventry
SALES ASSISTANT June 2008 - Present
Working in a retail environment providing exceptional customer service and demonstrating product knowledge to maximise sales. Responsible for greeting customers with a smile and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and providing them with detailed merchandise information and advice.
- Providing information to customers to help them select the best products.
- Take cash from customers and process transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Keeping up-to-date with all current promotions within the store.
- Identifying customers who need assistance on the shop floor.
- Operating the till and accurately counting and reconciling the till float.
- Being alert to thefts and fraudulent bank notes, cheques or credit cards.
- Accurately processing all methods of payment.
- Making sure the store is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Identifying sales opportunities & trends & highlighting these to Sales Managers.
- Working as part of a team and assisting colleagues when necessary.
- Taking delivery of stock from suppliers or warehouse and storing appropriately.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, without being overbearing.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Having a friendly & professional manner.
- Able to commit at short notice to overtime during busy trading periods.
- Aware of brand marketing, pricing and positioning.
- A proactive and passionate attitude towards sales.
- Have the ability to listen to the customers needs.
- Immaculate presentation, always well smartly dressed.
- Knowledge of cataloging and inventory techniques.
- Physically fit and able to walk around for long periods as well as do lifting.
NVQ/SVQ Retail Operations at levels 2
Nuneaton North College 2006 - 2008
A levels: Maths (A) English (B) Technology (B) Science (C)
Coventry Central College 2004 - 2006
Available on request.
So, you want to apply for a Sales Assistant role and you want a CV employers won’t want to ignore?
You’ve got what it takes to look after customers and provide high-quality service, so take a look at our Sales Assistant CV sample which clearly highlights skills, achievements, attributes and past experience. Being able to ‘wow’ the reader from first glance should be the aim of every CV, so think carefully about any way you have added value to your workplace, and include it! It’s that simple.
Download our free CV Template for Sale Assistant
Are you a member of Scribd? Click here to rate and comment, or download as
Address: Flat 0, Any Road, Any Town, Postcode
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: +44 0000 000 000
A proactive, customer-focused Sales Assistant with successful sales experience and a positive, confident approach. Well-developed skills in forming trusting relationships with customers as well as quickly reacting to their needs and presenting the most apt products and services. Able to work well both in teams and on own initiative, with a proven record of contributing to process improvements. Resilient and confident, and works well under pressure. Seeking a role within a health and beauty company in which to use acquired skills and interests
- Company: Achieved 2nd best Sales Associate in the first month at the company
- Company: Won top seller prize for two consecutive months, achieving 155% and 203% of monthly targets
- Company: Recognised as top assistant for customer experience in the month of [month]Achieved area sales in one year of £2.2m
08/2015 – Present
Retail Sales Assistant
- Takes a supervisory role on a day-to-day basis, in a fast-paced retail environment
- Achieves personal sales targets in line with KPI objectives
- Supports Store Manager with recruitment and providing on-the-job training
- Creates a welcoming environment and provides excellent customer service including learning about products
03/2010 - 08/2015
- Ordered and managed stock; stocked shelves
- Served and assisted customers on checkouts
- Answered the phone and helped with queries/complaints, remaining professional at all times
- Helped train new members of staff
- Worked on tasting stalls
10/2008 – 08/2010
BTEC: Business | College
10/2006 – 08/2008
GCSEs: Eight including English, Mathematics, ICT, Design Technology
School, City, Country
PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
Arranging social activities for family and friends, going to the gym, health and beauty, learning new things
REFERENCES ON REQUEST
Wondering what to do now? Check out our expert career advice, find out more about the Sales industry or search for the latest Sales jobs.