Civil Services Essay
The Essay paper is very important in the overall position. Essay paper segregated in 2 sections. One has to write two essays choosing one from each of the sections A and B. The word limit must be in about 1,000-2,000 words each. An ideal essay should be about 12, words. Section I is comparatively easier in nature because the topics are of general nature. Section II is of specific nature. Each essay will be marked on 125. The test is to write a coherent essay with gradual buildup of the subject and the logical argument being put forward.
Useful links for essay preparation
Note: The www.civilserviceindia.com conducts essay contests every month. This is based on current affairs topics. Please participate in this contest and practice essay writing. Yu can also read what others write that may help you to prepare for this paper. Many essays topics could figure in the mains exam so be assured your effort is in right direction.
You can practice writing essays on the following topics
Essay Paper I
- My vision of an ideal world order.
- Irrelevance of the classroom.
- The pursuit of excellence.
- Modern Technological Education and human values.
- Search for Truth can only be a spiritual problem.
- If youth knew, if age could.
- The paths of glory lead but to the grave.
- As civilization advances culture declines.
- There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so
- Spirituality and Scientific temper.
- The hand that rocks the cradle.
- If women ruled the world.
- What is real education?
- Increasing Computerization Would lead to the Creation of Dehumanized Society.
- Independent thinking should be encouraged right from the childhood.
- Discipline means success, anarchy means ruin
- Geography may remain the same; history need not.
- The march of science and the erosion of human values.
- Empowerment along cannot help our women.
- Attitude makes habit, habit makes character and character makes a man.
- "Good fences make good neighbours."
- Justice must reach the poor.
Essay Paper II
- Is an egalitarian society possible by educating the masses?
- Privatization of Higher Education in India.
- "Education For All" Campaign in India: Myth or Reality.
- Credit-based education system-status, opportunities and challenges
- What have we gained from our democratic set-up?
- Responsibility of media in a democracy
- Judicial Activism and Indian Democracy.
- How far has democracy in India delivered the goods?
- The Masks of New Imperialism.
- India's Role in Promoting ASEAN Cooperation.
- National identity and patriotism
- 'Globalism' vs. 'Nationalism.
- Globalization and Its Impact on Indian Culture.
- Globalization Would Finish Small-Scale Industries in India.
- Are our traditional handicrafts doomed to a slow death ?
- Importance of Indo-U.S. Nuclear Agreement.
- Are we a 'soft' state?
- Preparedness of our society for India's global leadership role.
- Whither Women's Emancipation?
- Women's Reservation Bill Would Usher in Empowerment for Women in India.
- Terrorism and world peace.
- In the Indian context, both human intelligence and technical intelligence are crucial in combating terrorism.
- Food security for sustainable national development.
- How has satellite television brought about cultural change in the Indian mindset ?
- Role of the Media in good governance
- Does Indian cinema shape our popular culture or merely reflect it?
- Certain of smaller states and the consequent administrative, economic and developmental implications.
- Is autonomy the best answer to combat balkanization?
- Water Resources Should Be Under the Control of the Central Government.
- Urbanization and its hazards
- "The focus of health care is increasingly getting skewed towards the 'haves' of our society.
- How should a civil servant conduct himself?
- The Lure of Space.
- Protection of Ecology and Environment is Essential for Sustained Economic Development.
- Evaluation of Panchayati Raj Systems in India from the point of view of eradication of poverty to power to people.
- BPO boom in India.
- Special Economic Zones : Boon or Bane
- Should a moratorium be imposed on all fresh mining in tribal areas of the country
- From traditional Indian philanthropy to the Gates-Buffett model - a natural progression or a paradigm shift.
Civil Services - Essay Contest (2018)
Showcase your ideas on public policy and current affairs by entering our essay writing competition. Every month, students can choose any one topic and send their essays. The selected essays will be published on our website with the name of the author. The best essays on each topic will be ranked and the winner will be getting the free subscription of E magazine for six months. We hope more and more of students will participate in the Essay contest, which is usually based on topics of current affairs topics. One should remember that these topics will be useful not only for the IAS exams but also for other competitive exams.
Candidates should send their essay to email@example.com.
What are the rules of Essay contest ?
- The essay should be sent in the word format with 14 font size. It should carry the name of the author and its e mail ID. Any other format of submission is not acceptable.
- The essay should contain a declaration saying that its original content of the author and is not copied from anywhere.
- If the essay is found to be copied it will be rejected and senders ID will be blocked.
- Civil Service India reserves the Copyright of the essays; however in case of copyright infringement (copied matter) Civil Service India is not liable for it.
- Civil Service India reserves the right to edit the essay for clarity of language, grammar and space.
- One person can send only one essay for one topic It's advised to go through the essay carefully before sending it once and finally.
- The Essay must be between 500 and 800 words. An ideal essay should be of 650 words.
- Please send your entries much before the Deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essay Topics: March- 2018 ( Last Date: March 31 )
- What is the cause for decrease in the forest cover in India?
- Is Saudi Arabia modernising with the recent reforms ?
- Does Karnataka really need its own flag ?
- 42 Indian Languages and dialect stare at extinction - Comment
Essay Topics: February - 2018
- What are the Pros and cons of solar energy ? -Zujamo Ngullie
- What are the Pros and cons of solar energy ? -Jnandeep Bora
- What are the Pros and cons of solar energy ? -Kanika Varma(Winner)
- How can India become self sufficient in Defence Sector? -Ritesh Kumar(Winner)
- How can India become self sufficient in Defence Sector? -Satarupa Mukherjee
- Has the Budget 2018 lost its excitement, with the introduction of GST ? -B.L.Prasad
Essay Topics: January - 2018
- What are the positive and negative impacts of GST ? -Aayushi Shukla
- What are the positive and negative impacts of GST ? -Akriti Singh
- What are the positive and negative impacts of GST -B V Krishna Reddy(Winner)
- What are the positive and negative impacts of GST -Laxmi Prasad
- Why India is not developed as a great scientific power ? -B.Dwarakanada Reddy
- Why India is not developed as a great scientific power ? -Nitin Thakur
- Why India is not developed as a great scientific power ? -Ritesh Kumar(Winner)
- India a loser in most of the sports apart from cricket ? -Rohini Singh(Winner)
- Do privacy issues outweigh the important benefits of Aadhaar Card ? -Karthiayani Nair